Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Amazing Amazon!

A couple weeks ago, I didn't have school for a week. Brazil is really big on Carnival, so we have the whole week off of school. I decided that I was going to go explore the Amazon. I spent most of the time in the city with another teacher, Bethany. We also ventured out into the jungle for a night to stay at a lodge and see some of the jungle a little more off the beaten path.

Really good fish, called Tambaqui

Teatro Amazonas

Gourds unloaded at the port and being brought to market

"Swimming" with river dolphins

Me and a native dude after he and his family performed a dance

Sticking my tongue out at a baby anaconda
it's a sloth!

holding a cayman

Jungle walk

Amazing sunrise
Fishing for piranha
Me and Bethany on Rio Araçá, a tributary of the Amazon

I love getting to explore and see new parts of God's amazing creation. I also read a ton, which was good for my soul. Back to the grind for a while. It was good to get back to my kids. They're pretty great.

2 comments:

  1. Love to see the Amazon through your eyes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sloth is the cutest thing! Sneak one back to Alaska for me!

    ReplyDelete