Saturday, August 6, 2016

Ah, the weekend

School starts Wednesday. Things are coming along. I decorated a bulletin board, which I would not generally consider my favorite thing. 
Yesterday I got to go bowling, which was pretty great (and almost identical to the US). I got the highest score of the night, so I won some points for my house cup, which is apparently a pretty big deal. 
Then I went to someone's apartment to watch the entirety of the opening ceremony on the local Brazilian channel. I've never watched the whole thing before. And I'm not sure that I ever will again... Especially in a language that I don't understand. I needed Matt Lauer and Bon Costas to explain what was happening. 

Today I went out to lunch at a Korean place (naturally). 

Then I went to Walmart with a few of the teachers. It was walmart-y, but not as big as most of the ones in the states. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad Lydia is around to boost your bowling esteem!! Chip and I are glad there is a Wal-mart you can go to if you miss the US.

    ReplyDelete