Monday, August 8, 2016

Church and school - from August 1

Things are going well. I love how easy this city is to navigate (so far). The numbered system of planned Brasilia is really easy to pick up. I haven't wandered too far, but will definitely do that more this weekend. 
I went to a Portuguese speaking church and did surprisingly well understanding things. While Portuguese does sound very different from Spanish, it sounds similar enough that I can understand some. Also, the pastor knew I was coming, so he printed out a copy of the sermon in English. Thank you, google translate. 
Yesterday was the first school day. 
Naturally, this is how the director/principal welcomed people to school. 

1 comment:

  1. Hey! We are both Eagles! I go back to school tOmorrow, so we can share teacher tiredness!!

    ReplyDelete